2017 Save Rate Report
Michigan Pet Fund Alliance used the 2017 annual shelter reports that each licensed shelter is required to submit to the Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development, and performed calculations to determine each shelter’s performance in saving lives.
See the 2017 Michigan Shelters by Live Release Rate report here. Page 6 contains definitions.
Congratulations to the following shelters for their 2017 performance:
- Most Improved Open Admission Large Shelter
- Bay County Animal Control, 20% improvement
- Most Improved Open Admission Medium Shelter
- Iosco County Animal Shelter, 13% improvement
- Most Improved Open Admission Small Shelter
- Arenac County Animal Control, 13% improvement
- Most Improved Open Admission Micro Shelter
- Lake County Animal Control, 21% improvement
- Limited Admission Shelter with the Most Adoptions
- SPCA of Southwest Michigan, 1322 adoptions, 98.96% live release rate