2016 Save Rate Report
Michigan Pet Fund Alliance used the 2016 annual shelter reports that each licensed shelter is required to submit to the Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development, and performed calculations to determine each shelter’s performance in saving lives.
See the 2016 Michigan Shelters by Save and Live Release Rate report here. Page 4 contains definitions.
Congratulations to the following shelters for their 2016 performance:
- Large Shelter with the Greatest Lifesaving Improvement
- Detroit Animal Care & Control, 32.55% improvement
- Medium Shelter with the Greatest Lifesaving Improvement
- City of Romulus Animal Shelter, 10.06% improvement
- Small Shelter with the Greatest Lifesaving Improvement
- Arenac County Animal Control, 15.23% improvement
- Micro Shelter with the Greatest Lifesaving Improvement
- Sanilac County Animal Control & Shelter, 10.21% improvement
- Limited Admission Shelter with the Most Adoptions and 90% Save Rate or Greater
- SPCA of Southwest Michigan, 1541 adoptions, 98.97% save rate