Partners – SECC & Best Friends
In 2015, Michigan Pet Fund Alliance was invited to become an umbrella organization within the Michigan State Employees Charitable Campaign (SECC) which provides State of Michigan employees an opportunity for charitable giving via payroll deduction. No umbrella existed for animal welfare groups, and MPFA was invited to become such an umbrella with the understanding that MPFA could define criteria for inclusion.
Currently the following groups are included:
- Michigan Certified Rescue organizations mirescuecertification.org/certified-organizations
- Shelters that have received shelter performance awards from MPFA for save rates michiganpetfund.org/save-rate-reports-awards
- Shelters or rescues that have won Outside the Box awards
- 501(c)(3) organizations affiliated with above award-winning shelters if the shelter itself is not a501(c)(3)
In addition to being invited by MPFA, organizations must meet SECC’s criteria:
- 990, Financials, or Exemption Letter
- Signed copy of SECC Non-discrimination policy
- Michigan Charitable Solicitation License
- IRS 501(c)(3) Determination Letter
The designation codes of the charities within the MPFA SECC umbrella are listed below. Access the MI SECC site here.