Ways to Help
1. Tell your neighbors, friends, township board member, councilperson, mayor, county commissioner, state legislator and governor that euthanasia of healthy and treatable companion animals is NOT an acceptable method to address the homeless cat and dog situation. It does not work and is BAD government. We need to change to a litter-prevention, life-preservation based approach.
2. Be a responsible pet guardian. Spay/neuter your own animals – this not only prevents unwanted births but there are many health benefits for your companion animal.
3. Become a volunteer at your local shelter – your talents can be used in countless ways working directly with animals or in efforts to benefit the animals – talents needed in legal, financial, planning events, marketing, computer database, website development and maintenance, fundraising, grant writing, graphic design. etc.
4. Contact your local shelter or certified rescue organization and open your home to be a foster parent to a homeless companion animal on their way to finding a permanent home.
5. Call you legislator when we ask you to support bills that get us to become a no kill state.
6. Keep informed by receiving our e-newsletter. Sign up for our Newsletter
7. AmazonSmile is a simple, automatic way to support Michigan Pet Fund Alliance every time you shop, at no cost to you. Smile.amazon.com offers the same low prices and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that a portion of the purchase price goes to MPFA. On your first visit to AmazonSmile, select Michigan Pet Fund Alliance before you begin shopping. Amazon will remember your selection, and then every eligible purchase you make will result in a donation.
8. KROGER REWARDS Let your Kroger spending help Michigan’s homeless cats and dogs! Register your Kroger Plus Card so that your spending will generate donations to MPFA. Linking your card doesn’t affect your gas points, and doesn’t require that you shop at a specific store: all spending at any Kroger counts. Use id# 90335 for Michigan Pet Fund Alliance at www.krogercommunityrewards.com. Re-enrollment is required each April 1st.
9. CHARITY CHOICE is the 100% tax-deductible gift card, where you are the donor and your recipient chooses the charity. Michigan Pet Fund Alliance is one of the options which can be selected in this innovative gift-giving option. These are great gifts for the person who has everything! View details here.
10. Donate unused gift card balances: Do you have unused merchant cards cluttering your wallet? You can donate the value on the card as a charitable contribution to Michigan Pet Fund Alliance via Donate Your Card. You will receive a tax receipt for the entire value or residual balance of your card. Hundreds of merchants’ cards are accepted.
11. iGive.com enables donors to earn donations to their favorite charity when they shop online or search the web. Shop at any of 1700+ online stores in the iGive network, and a portion of your purchase benefits Michigan Pet Fund Alliance. To get started, create your free iGive account, then do your online shopping through iGive.com to generate donations for MPFA.
12. Wooftrax Did you know that there’s an app that earns donations for your favorite animal group while you walk?
13. GoodShop Help animals who need your love and support, while you shop!
You can now support Michigan Pet Fund while you save. We’ve teamed up with Goodshop to bring you the best savings on the web. You’ll find deals from thousands of your favorite stores, and each purchase will result in a donation back to our fund! So when you buy pet food with Petco promo deals, flea medication with 1-800-PetMeds promo codes or toys for your furry friends with Target savings, you’ll be giving back to Michigan Pet Fund! Check out Goodshop!
14. American Express Members Give Use any American Express® Card for charitable giving and select Michigan Pet Fund Alliance. Your donations are tax-deductible and you’ll receive an e-mail receipt for your records. This multi-option program allows you to donate dollars or redeem Membership Rewards® points to make a donation, offers Charity Certificates to give as gifts, and earn reward points for your contributions. Learn More.
15. Pledgeling is the safest and easiest place to donate to charity on the web. Follow charitable influencers, create your philanthropic profile, and centralize all of your giving into one place, for year end accounting by using Pledgeling. Select Michigan Pet Fund Alliance.
16. Charity Motors is a tax deduction car donation program that guarantees full fair market value of your donated vehicle. To find out more, visit charitymotors.org or call Charity Motors toll-free at (888) 908-CARS. Don’t forget to designate Michigan Pet Fund Alliance as your charity of choice!
17. Allure Medical Spa has designated Michigan Pet Fund Alliance as one of four recipient charities for their referral program. Customers who make a referral can select MPFA, then Allure donates $100 in thanks for the customer’s business. Check out their list of services, become a customer, then make a referral to earn $100 for MPFA!