Ways to Help
1. Tell your neighbors, friends, township board member, councilperson, mayor, county commissioner, state legislator and governor that euthanasia of healthy and treatable companion animals is NOT an acceptable method to address the homeless cat and dog situation. It does not work and is BAD government. We need to change to a litter-prevention, life-preservation based approach.
2. Be a responsible pet guardian. Spay/neuter your own animals – this not only prevents unwanted births but there are many health benefits for your companion animal.
3. Become a volunteer at your local shelter – your talents can be used in countless ways working directly with animals or in efforts to benefit the animals – talents needed in legal, financial, planning events, marketing, computer database, website development and maintenance, fundraising, grant writing, graphic design. etc.
4. Contact your local shelter or certified rescue organization and open your home to be a foster parent to a homeless companion animal on their way to finding a permanent home.
5. Call you legislator when we ask you to support bills that get us to become a no kill state.
6. Keep informed by receiving our e-newsletter. Sign up for our Newsletter
7. KROGER REWARDS Let your Kroger spending help Michigan’s homeless cats and dogs! Register your Kroger Plus Card so that your spending will generate donations to MPFA. Linking your card doesn’t affect your gas points, and doesn’t require that you shop at a specific store: all spending at any Kroger counts. Use id# 90335 for Michigan Pet Fund Alliance at www.krogercommunityrewards.com. Re-enrollment is required each April 1st. Send any questions to email@example.com.
8. CHARITY CHOICE is the 100% tax-deductible gift card, where you are the donor and your recipient chooses the charity. Michigan Pet Fund Alliance is one of the featured charities which can be selected in this innovative gift-giving option. These are great gifts for the person who has everything! View details here.
9. iSearchiGive.com Every time you shop at any of 1200+ online stores in the iGive network, a portion of your purchase benefits Michigan Pet Fund Alliance. To get started, just create your free iGive account. And when you search the web, do it through iSearchiGive.com where each search means a penny (or more!) for our cause!
10. GoodSearch, GoodShop & GoodDining are 3 easy ways to support MPFA by shopping, eating, and searching the web. Set up an account on www.goodsearch.com, select Michigan Pet Fund Alliance in Choose Your Cause, and generate a donation every time you use GoodSearch.