Ways to Help
1. Tell your neighbors, friends, township board member, councilperson, mayor, county commissioner, state legislator and governor that euthanasia of healthy and treatable companion animals is NOT an acceptable method to address the homeless cat and dog situation. It does not work and is BAD government. We need to change to a litter-prevention, life-preservation based approach.
2. Be a responsible pet guardian. Spay/neuter your own animals – this not only prevents unwanted births but there are many health benefits for your companion animal.
3. Become a volunteer at your local shelter – your talents can be used in countless ways working directly with animals or in efforts to benefit the animals – talents needed in legal, financial, planning events, marketing, computer database, website development and maintenance, fundraising, grant writing, graphic design. etc.
4. Contact your local shelter or certified rescue organization and open your home to be a foster parent to a homeless companion animal on their way to finding a permanent home.
5. Call you legislator when we ask you to support bills that get us to become a no kill state.
6. Keep informed by receiving our e-newsletter. Sign up for our Newsletter
7. AmazonSmile is a simple, automatic way to support Michigan Pet Fund Alliance every time you shop, at no cost to you. Smile.amazon.com offers the same low prices and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that a portion of the purchase price goes to MPFA. On your first visit to AmazonSmile, select Michigan Pet Fund Alliance before you begin shopping. Amazon will remember your selection, and then every eligible purchase you make will result in a donation.
8. KROGER REWARDS Let your Kroger spending help Michigan’s homeless cats and dogs! Register your Kroger Plus Card so that your spending will generate donations to MPFA. Linking your card doesn’t affect your gas points, and doesn’t require that you shop at a specific store: all spending at any Kroger counts. Use id# 90335 for Michigan Pet Fund Alliance at www.krogercommunityrewards.com. Re-enrollment is required each April 1st.
9. CHARITY CHOICE is the 100% tax-deductible gift card, where you are the donor and your recipient chooses the charity. Michigan Pet Fund Alliance is one of the options which can be selected in this innovative gift-giving option. These are great gifts for the person who has everything! View details here.
10. Donate unused gift card balances: Do you have unused merchant cards cluttering your wallet? You can donate the value on the card as a charitable contribution to Michigan Pet Fund Alliance via Donate Your Card. You will receive a tax receipt for the entire value or residual balance of your card. Hundreds of merchants’ cards are accepted.
11. iGive.com is a free service which enables donors to earn money for their favorite cause whenever they make an online purchase or search the web. Shop at any of 1700+ online stores in the iGive network, and a portion of your purchase benefits Michigan Pet Fund Alliance. To get started, create your free iGive account, then do your online shopping through iGive.com to generate donations for our cause.
12. Wooftrax Did you know that there’s an app that earns donations for your favorite animal group while you walk? Walk for a Dog is a smartphone app that includes Michigan Pet Fund Alliance as one of the recipient choices. Get more info here and start walking today!
13. GoodSearch & GoodShop are easy ways to support MPFA by searching the web and shopping. Set up an account on www.goodsearch.com, select Michigan Pet Fund Alliance, and generate a donation every time you use GoodSearch.
14. American Express Members Give Use any American Express® Card for charitable giving and select Michigan Pet Fund Alliance. Your donations are tax-deductible and you’ll receive an e-mail receipt for your records. This multi-option program allows you to donate dollars or redeem Membership Rewards® points to make a donation, offers Charity Certificates to give as gifts, and earn reward points for your contributions. Learn More