Ways to Give
Ways to Give
Michigan Pet Fund Alliance is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization as defined by the IRS (EIN 20-0399162).
Nothing would make our Board happier than to dissolve the Michigan Pet Fund Alliance because Michigan was a no kill state for homeless cats and dogs and there was no need for our efforts. One day that will happen but until that day, we need your financial support to provide educational opportunities; advocate locally and at the state level for change; provide technical assistance to shelters that want change and need direction and to operate programs toward the goal including spay/neuter; operate the rescue certification program and simply tracking our success through production of the annual save rate report.
Financial support can be made as a general contribution, to recognize an event or occasion, or in honor of or in memory of an individual or pet.
Use the online donation page here.
A printable form is available here and may be mailed to:
Michigan Pet Fund Alliance
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48302
Before you donate to any organization, you may want to:
1) Verify IRS status to ensure that the organization is eligible to receive tax-deductible charitable contributions via www.irs.gov/app/pub-78/. Michigan Pet Fund Alliance’s exempt organization status is here.
2) Check their Guidestar profile. Michigan Pet Fund Alliance is Platinum, the highest ranking available. Access an organization’s 990 tax return and take a look at their assets, revenue, expenses, compensation of officers and key employees, etc. MPFA is an all-volunteer organization with no paid staff!
4) Verify that the organization is authorized to solicit donations in the state of Michigan by checking the Office of Attorney General’s Charitable Trust Section Database Search. Michigan Pet Fund Alliance is AG File #48001.
5) If the organization is a licensed shelter in Michigan, they are REQUIRED to file an annual shelter report with Michigan’s Department of Agriculture and Rural Development (MDARD). You can see their intake and euthanasia stats here: www.michigan.gov/mdard/0,4610,7-125-1569_16979_21260—,00.html. Scroll to the section titled “Animal Shelter Annual Report” and select the most recent year. Entries are alphabetical by shelter name.
6) Based on the above shelter reports, Michigan Pet Fund Alliance compiles an annual Michigan Shelters by Save and Live Release Rate report. View the most recent report here. You can keyword search a shelter by name to view their performance, or search by county to see what’s happening in your area.